WORLD CLEAN UP DAY 2018
The WORLD CLEAN UP DAY 2018 is an important international event coming up on 15th September 2018. This is an exciting opportunity for all our members to involve our institutions/organisations - in a global environmental initiative, which is just six weeks away!
On this day, millions of people in 150 countries are uniting to clean up our world. It aims to be the biggest civic action in human history. Volunteers will come together to rid our planet of trash – cleaning up litter and mismanaged waste from our beaches, rivers, forests and streets. The movement harnesses the power of everyday people to achieve incredible things by coming together.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN WORLD CLEAN UP DAY
- Form a team that will take care of the clean up activities. You can also collaborate with other institutions to conduct a cleanup together.
- Find out local trash hotspots in the area. Trash hotspots can be any location in your area/surroundings that has constant garbage around it.
- Use the following mobile app – World Clean Up App (https://www.worldcleanupday.org/map-it/). This app will help you map the trash hotspot in your locality.
- Create your own event to clean up a local trash hotspot or litter in your surroundings.
- Make a buzz around your World Clean Up Day Event. Post pictures from your event on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also go ahead and shoot short videos to create a short-film about your campaign.
- Use the following hashtags – #WorldCleanupDay #donboscogreen #UnitedForACleanPlanet #LetsDoIt when you post images/videos of your event on social media.
- Tag the Don Bosco Green Alliance in your social media posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and we will be happy to share your event across all our networks.
A complete list of resources can be found here to help you with the social media campaign - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/llz9xtewygdvvj5/AACp_VtdWYrylSA-U1Lp6HjKa?dl=0 .
Finally, we realise that only cleaning up trash is not the solution to the problem of litter and garbage around us. Try to find out what is the root cause of litter or trash in your locality. We encourage members to engage with the authorities and other stakeholders to find a permanent solution to the problem.
For more details on how to get involved please click here.